Monday, September 8

Nam-June Paik

On Sunday I eventually got myself out of bed and headed into Central London. I thought it was about time for another culture injection from one of the many museums and galleries on offer. A quick search online told me it was the last day of The American Scene: Prints from Hopper to Pollock at the British Museum.

The stuff on show was "awesome kit" (the phrase of the day), but I was expecting more large scale efforts. If you missed it, or didn't know about it, the exhibit is touring the country from the beginning of next year. For more info click here.

After finishing the tour around the American prints we had a bit of time before the Museum closed so decided to have a look around some more areas. Which is when I stumbled across Nam-June Paik's work. Paik was a South-Korean video artist based in the States, but there wasn't an installation there (I was in a museum, not a gallery), but there was some great screen-prints that he had done on show.


As I'm a huge fan of robots and screen-printed posters, this image is right up my alley! The next time you find yourself at the British Museum go to the South-Korea room just to see these images in all their glory (along with all the other great stuff on show there too). 

1 comment:

bensainsbury said...

While I am saddened to be without a name drop in your blog, I'm utterly outraged that you've neglected to attribute the daily phrase to [one of] its rightful author[s].

Good day to you sir

(put your skills on show)

<